If you’re a small business owner struggling in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, you aren’t alone. According to Small Biz Trends, many small businesses are struggling financially. More specifically, only 34 percent of entrepreneurs surveyed reported making a profit. However, it’s not all bad news at the moment.
The survey also showed that business owners who were able to adapt have managed to survive. Innovative promotional methods, such as mobile billboard advertising from nomADic genius, can help you maintain growth during this tough time. Read on for more actionable tips on how to maintain a business during a pandemic.
Upgrade your real-world business space
If you have a brick-and-mortar business location, you’ve likely had to cut capacity or shut it down completely in favor of external services like delivery or curbside pickup. Before you reopen your doors, consider whether you want to make any renovations. You can find general contractors via the Better Business Bureau.
Give your business’ digital space a makeover
These days, most businesses have an online presence or even operate online completely. Could your company use a digital makeover? Now’s the time to do it. Statista reveals that people are spending more time online since the start of the pandemic. You might redesign your website, for example, or ramp up your social media activity by posting more regularly.
Adopt new technology to get ahead
The COVID-19 pandemic has spurred many businesses to leverage new technologies to maintain operations. For example, many companies moved to remote work, relying on tools like Zoom to nurture collaboration. Identify technologies that could give your business a boost. A mobile app is a great way to connect with customers, for instance.
Find new ways to connect with customers
Engaged customers tend to be more loyal, which can help you retain a solid base of loyal followers. A mobile app is only one of the many novel ways you can improve customer engagement. For example, you might start blogging to share valuable, actionable content with consumers, establish a rewards program, or solicit customers for feedback and ideas.
Use freelancers to boost your business success
When it comes to revamping your business or implementing new tricks or tools, you don’t have to go it alone. Outsourcing key tasks to experts will ensure the job gets done efficiently and effectively, especially when it comes to tech and software.
These resources can help:
- A professional web designer can help take your website to the next level. WebFX offers tips on what to look for in a great designer.
- If you’ve decided to expand into eCommerce, a Shopify account is a great start. Are you wondering, “How can I find a Shopify expert near me?” Job boards let you browse professionals based on price, customer reviews, delivery time, and more.
- If you decide to develop a mobile app, as discussed above, you’ll want an industry professional to create it for you. CollectiveRay provides tips on where to find reputable developers, including Upwork.
- Ready to ramp up your social media? Act-On explains how to find the perfect person to run your accounts, taking you through the entire process, from where to look to how to screen applicants.
- Brand ambassadors are another novel way to get the word out about your business. nomADic genius can connect you with highly trained ambassadors who are skilled at engaging the public.
As vaccines are rolled out and the world starts to embrace the “new normal,” it’s the perfect time to focus on reinvigorating your business. Trust the above tips to help you get on track.
nomADic genius is a non-traditional advertising company that offers alternative promotional models, from mobile billboards to street teams. We have been in business since 2009 and operate in 27 states. Visit our website to find out how we can help your startup succeed.